How long will my Flag Last?
How long your new flag will last depends on a few factors:
- How well you care for your new flag (cleaning, etc.)
- The type of weather your flag will be exposed to
- Whether your flag is embroidered or printed
- Whether your flag was made for indoor or outdoor use and if you use it as directed
Please keep in mind that any flag is ONLY FABRIC and it will not last forever! However, there are some steps you can take to ensure you get the most from your new flag.
- ONLY use it for the purpose it was intended. In other words, don’t put an indoor flag outside
- Clean your flag regularly. Once dirt and stains set, they don’t come out! The dirt can also eat at the fibers of your flag, making it break down and wear out faster
- DO NOT place your flag in an area where wind is likely to whip it against a hard surface, tree, wires etc. Even the smallest tear can result in your flag quickly becoming tattered
- Inspect your flag on a regular basis. Remove any fraying that may occur along the edges (be careful not to cut any stitching)
Keep in mind that an embroidered flag will ALWAYS last longer than a printed flag but with proper care, you can still get a long life from your printed flag. If your flag is left out for display 24 hours a day, the life expectancy will be half of what the normal wear and tear time should be… due to it consistently experiencing the outside elements.
As you can see, with a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy your new flag for a very long time!